You privacy is critically important to us
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Chute Corporation (“Chute”) we have a few guidelines by which we operate:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our Services.
- If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data or withdrawing consent at any time, as relevant, please contact our team at email@example.com
- Chute operates several websites including getchute.com, picture.io, avatars.io, chutepages.com, and chute.io. It is Chute’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Chute collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Chute’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Chute’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Chute may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Chute’s websites choose to interact with Chute in ways that require Chute to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Chute gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for an account at getchute.com and chute.io to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Chute are asked to provide additional information, including, as necessary, the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Chute collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Chute. Chute does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Chute may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Chute may monitor the most popular photo galleries on the ChuteSlideChute network. Chute may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Chute does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Chute discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Chute’s behalf or to provide services available at Chute’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Chute’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Chute will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Chute discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Chute believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Chute, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of Chute’s Services and have supplied your email address, Chute may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or to keep you up to date with Chute and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Chute takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Information We Collect
Provided directly to Chute
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a Chute account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture).
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Chute. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
When you visit Chute websites, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This information may include data such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. We use this information to monitor the use of the Site and Services, and for the Site’s technical administration.
Data Collected for Chute Customers
Chute collects information under the direction of its customers, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose data it may process. If you are a client of one of Chute’s current customers and would no longer like to be tracked by such customer, please contact the respective customer directly. Chute may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our customers.
Access and Retention of Data Controlled by Chute Customers
An individual who is a current or former Chute customer who seeks access or wishes to correct, amend or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to firstname.lastname@example.org An individual who is a client of a current or former Chute customer who seeks access or wishes to correct, amend or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to the respective customer first and then, if no response is obtained or such response is not satisfactory, should contact email@example.com
Data transfers outside the European Economic Area
We may transfer the personal data we obtain to third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The laws in those countries may not offer an adequate level of data protection. In particular, personal data may be transferred to the United States. When we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will protect your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with applicable law, such as by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of personal data to a processor located outside of the European Union.
Data Release Policy
Our policy is to only release the data we collect in the following circumstances:
- To our Customers whose sites you have submitted content to.
- As required by law.
- To designated third parties to resolve or investigate abuse complaints.
- When the information is related to spiders or bots, usually when investigating technical issues.
- For abusive users, we may release information to assist in attempting to block the abusive user or to complain to that user’s Internet Service Provider.
- If necessary to defend against legal claims.
- When we deem it necessary to protect the property or rights of the user community, or this Site.
Chute will retain personal information it processes on behalf of its customers for as long as needed to provide its services. Chute will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce its agreements.
If Chute, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Chute goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Chute may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.